|Client:||Sogreah Consultants, in subcontract to Technip (France)|
|Beneficiary:||Shtokman Development AG|
|Period:||Oct 2008 – June 2009|
Construction of onshore LNG facilities and associated marine facilities in Orlovka bay, close to Teriberka, some 85km North-East of Murmansk. PCR assessed the dredging and backfilling works being part of the project scope.
The marine facilities for the Shtokman project consist of three jetties suitable for LNG/condensate carriers of 50,000 to 215,000 m3 and a harbour basin dredged to DB -18 m. It also consists of a marine offloading facility (MOF) with a basin dredged to BD -9 m and a breakwater in water depths up to 50 m, with soft clay down to BD -85 m.
The remoteness of the area, the unprecedented size of the breakwater and the limited time frame for execution are typical aspects of this project.
PCR services provided
Assessment of the dredging and backfilling works being part of the project scope including assessments and recommendations on various aspects like:
- State-of-the art technologies and dredger capabilities.
- Working methods and planning.
- Possible constraints from environmental clearance procedures.
- Production and cost estimate for the works.
- Additional soil investigation.
- Hydrographic survey challenges.
- Winter operations.
- Interaction of dredging with rock fill works.
- Particular conditions for the D&C contract.
Trackback from your site.