A private container operator has made a proposal to the Government of Mauritius to invest in Port Louis and the development of a Special Economic Zone. The Government of Mauritius has delegated the review of the proposal to the Mauritius Ports Authority who in turn have contracted BDO Mauritius for support. BDO Mauritius has hired PCR as port experts to assist with the due diligence of the proposal for the part related to Port Louis.
PCR services provided:
- Provision of international KPI’s in ports and comparison the operator’s proposal
- Risk assessment associated with the proposed JV partnership
- Impact assessment of the JV partnership on transhipment traffic
- Assessment of Fee structure and Fee level of the proposal
- Assessment of the impact of the proposal on the financial situation of MPA
- Key points for negotiation