|Client:||Steder Group BV.|
|Location:||Modjo (close to Addis Ababa) – Ethiopia.|
|Period:||2009 – 2010.|
Ethiopia is a landlocked country and thus lacking any sea ports. For the import and export of cargo it is depending on its neighbouring countries. The government of Ethiopia has established the company Dry Port Service Enterprise (DPSE) for the development of dry ports in Ethiopia. Dry ports will improve the logistic network of Ethiopia. Ethiopia’s first dry port development Modjo Dry Port, has started on a small scale at the end of 2009. Modjo dry port development is relieving the congested Djibouti. The Steder Group has prepared the business plan, a master plan and port operations manual for Modjo Dry Port development and is providing expatriate management services. Furthermore the Steder Group has an advisory role in the design and construction of the dry port and further development of other dry ports in Ethiopia.
- Preparation of the master plan of Modjo Dry Port development.
- Preparation of throughput calculations.
- Preparation of a logistical study.
- Preparation of port automation report.
- Preparation of a port operations manual.
- Infrastructure and building design input / review.
- Providing general technical assistance.
Trackback from your site.