|Client:||Dar Al Handasah Consultants|
|Period:||2010 – 2011|
The construction of a 1200m quay wall, with some reclamation behind the quay wall, in the Port of Tripoli, in the north of Lebanon. In accordance with the masterplan (2009) for the Port, the quay will be used partly as a multi-purpose terminal (mostly dry bulk and general cargo), partly as a container terminal.
The area behind the quay wall, including the required infrastructure and buildings, has been designed. It is the intention of the Port of Tripoli Authorities (PoTA) to select an operator for a long term concession for phase 1. Infrastructure and buildings are constructed by the PoTA, the operator will invest in the equipment and some buildings / warehouses.
PCR services provided:
- Preparation of the terminal layout in order to determine the maximum cargo throughput capacity and prepare handling concepts based on the cargo forecast.
- Prepare the design requirements / performance type technical specifications of the equipment.
- Define the operational and technical review to verify the possibilities of the new port and capacities.
- Cost estimates of the required equipment.
- Assistance with the tender procedures.
- Assistance with tender evaluation and recommendations.
Trackback from your site.