|Beneficiary:||Havenbeheer Suriname NV|
|Period||2012 – 2013|
Explore future opportunities for the port Nieuwe Haven in, Paramaribo as a point of entry for cargo generated in neighboring countries or as a container transshipment terminal.
A market analysis and competition study was commissioned by Havenbeheer Suriname, with the following elements
- Cargo forecast for major commodities groups,
- Conditions and opportunities for attracting cargo generated in Guyana, French Guyana and northern Brasil,
- Competitive position versus other ports in the region such as Georgetown, Dégrad-des-Cannes and Port of Spain, in terms of maritime access, facilities, operations, and hinterland connections,
- Analysis of the container liner network in the region with focus on types of ships employed and port calling patterns.
PCR services provided
- Perform the trade & traffic forecast.
- Analysis of potential transit cargo and hinterland routes.
- Analysis of the port’s competitive position in the region.
Trackback from your site.