|Period:||2008 – 2009|
The development of a port masterplan for a greenfield port in Santos, Brazil. The port will, amongst others, handle containers, sugar, grains, iron ores.
PCR services provided
- Development of the landside aspects of the basic port layout for the 600 ha port area.
- Determination of the required number of berths and land area for each type of commodity.
- Brain storm session / multi-criteria analysis to select the final layout.
- Development / arrangement of terminals (preparation of layout drawings, calculation of required space for stack / stockpile, roads, etc. and list of required equipment for cargo handling, transport and storage on the terminal).
- Preparation of functional specifications of recommended key cargo handling equipment, such as conveyor belts, ship loaders and unloaders.