|Client:||Sokhna Port Development Company (later DPW Sokhna)|
|Client:||Port&Logistics Management International BV|
|Period:||1999 – 2011|
El Sokhna Port was constructed as a new deep sea port development, 45 km south of Suez on the Red Sea. The port development is part of a large industrial development initiated by the Government of Egypt. The development includes a 9,000 Ha Special Economic Zone, where industrial plants and industries are established.
PCR services provided:
- Preparation of the original business plan and Master Plan ‘Port El Sokhna 2020+’.
- Technical design of all cargo terminals (Container, Liquid Bulk, Dry Bulk and a General Cargo).
- Project management and supervision of all infrastructural works inside Sokhna Port for a period of over 10 years. terminal construction & expansions, including equipment selection, specifications & procurement.
- General, operational and equipment management of Sokhna Port for a period of 7 years.
- Assessment and follow-up on numerous business opportunities related to companies in or around Sokhna Port, in all industries, interested to use Sokhna Port for throughput of their import or export cargo.
- Continuous assessment of mutual business opportunities, estimates of investment and operational costs, planning of terminal and port extensions, contracting & (sub) concession agreements, financing and implementation planning, etc.