|Period:||2011 – present|
An appropriate site to build a GAP-LNG plant to process gas reserves coming from the Highlands in the Western Province. One of the possibilities is a reclamation (130 ha) east of Daru Island, which was investigated with SDP (Sustainable Development Project), Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea.
PCR services provided:
- Inventarization of existing data, for all the potential site along the coast of Papua New Guinea.
- Assistance in the port masterplanning at Daru, being proposed as a staged development plan by SDP.
- Active participation in the geotechnical, geophysical and bathymetric survey around Daru and Bristow Island.
- Assessment of the capital and maintenance dredging aspects of the proposed sites.
- Regular workshops with the partners in Brisbane and Tokyo to assess the collected data and discuss the way forward with regards to the potential sites and their development.